Solved

Import Scenario - Update lines (only updates first line - needs to update each line)

• 22 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Working on import scenario that will mark lines as Backflush On within the BOM. In the BOM material, we have certain SKUs that will show up multiple times - the import scenario seems to deal with this by only updating the first occurrence. How can I modify this import scenario so that it updates each line?

icon

Best answer by Samvel Petrosov 22 January 2024, 22:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@jwarren based on the screenshot, it looks like you are setting LineNumber to -1 instead of setting it to the actual LineNbr value. -1 means new records. Could you please provide the full import scenario file? You can export it as xml from the Import Scenario page.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@jwarren based on the screenshot, it looks like you are setting LineNumber to -1 instead of setting it to the actual LineNbr value. -1 means new records. Could you please provide the full import scenario file? You can export it as xml from the Import Scenario page.

I have the line number line set as Inactive - as that’s how I’ve usually done custom key to update existing lines - here’s my XML. Let me know what you think.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@jwarren

The grid in the Materials tab of the BOM has a hidden by default column called LineNbr (field is called LineID). You must pass this as the LineNbr in the Import Scenario in order for the system to be able to locate the proper line.

If you check the DAC definition you can see that the LineID is part of the key and InventoryID is actually a foreign key.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved