Question

Import Scenario: Update Field on PO Line Detail

• 26 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to update the Required Date Column through and import scenario.  I keep getting error 

Error: 1 items have not been processed successfully. View name: Document.

I have tried deleting and readding everything from scratch.  I thought this was going to be something simple but Im missing something.  Not sure what its adding in that paramter or why I cant just specifcy the keys on the POline table and the date and call it good.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @smeakim ,

The <Line Number> field can be used to select the appropriate row to update.  You can select this value for POs lines that need to be updated using a Generic Inquiry. I’ve found that you need to subtract 1 in order to index it correctly. 

The value of -1 on the details section <Line Number> tells the import scenario to add a new detail line.  You probably won’t be able to delete this row from the scenario, so just uncheck the “Active” checkbox.

You also don’t need to specify the Inventory ID or Line Nbr since those are already populated.  

Hope this helps!

Laura

Userlevel 1

So I made the above changes and get the same error … Now I did have to covert from string to int as when I didn’t it gave error about -1 from a string.  

Error: 1 items have not been processed successfully. View name: Document.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @smeakim ,

Good catch on the integer conversion.  Please post the XML for the import scenario and I will take a look.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@smeakim I just tested and this scenario worked for me.  The PO must be open.

Userlevel 1

I dont understand why being open matters why would I want to mass update anything on closed POs.  The intent is to do a big update for the purchasing team for the required/requested date field and then they would keep updated going forward.    Attached the XML. I may try it in Prod as maybe there is something wacky in our test env.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved