Solved

Import Scenario to mass delete Employee > Delegates?

Userlevel 1

We assign Delegates on Employees to facilitate Expense Claim entry on behalf of our field employees that do not have Acumatica credentials. We have a scenario where a particular person moved locations and is responsible for a different group of field employees. I know how mass add to all the new employees, but I cannot figure out how to mass delete from the old employees.

Short of <Action: Delete> on the Employee Info target object, I cannot see where removing a row is possible. Does anyone have tips or tricks to achieve? 

icon

Best answer by MRoszkowski15 31 August 2021, 16:38

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

You might be able to use the line number field.  Look at tip #5 on this link: 

https://www.eis.consulting/post/acumatica-import-and-export-scenarios-tips-and-tricks#viewer-26ckf

Hopefully that might point you in the right direction.

Userlevel 1

You might be able to use the line number field.  Look at tip #5 on this link: 

https://www.eis.consulting/post/acumatica-import-and-export-scenarios-tips-and-tricks#viewer-26ckf

Hopefully that might point you in the right direction.

Yes it did help, thank you! Tip #7 was what I didn’t know and I got this to work in v 21.112 but not v 21.108. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have been working with the Import scenario to do a delete of delegates from employees. I receive an error on the first row stating “the system failed to commit the wingman row”

Here is a screenshot of the Scenario.

Any help in fine-tuning would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KempOdell68 

Tried following on my demo instance and it worked fine. Note the change you need to make on your scenario: 

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @vkumar  I made that adjustment but I am still receiving the same error.  These are the column headers in my import file. We are running 2021 R1.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

Vendor is the employee number

Vendor Name is the employee name

Delegate is the delegate number

Employee Name is the Delegate name

Vendor Vendor Name Delegate Employee Name
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KempOdell68 

Please send the xml file of your import scenario to check further.
Regards

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here is the xml

Thanks,

Kemp

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KempOdell68 

Please remove ‘delegate’ text from following column and try again. You can refer to my screenshot which does not have that value. Your scenario does have the text. 

Let me know if it works post change. 

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge

Now I get “Field:  Delegate, Value:  123456 , Error:  An attempt was made to add a duplicate entry.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KempOdell68 

Check your employee record and Delegate tab data once.

Also, do send me updated scenario. The scenario did work fine on my demo instance without any error.

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here is the updated xml.  I looked at the records and see that the delegate exists for the employee.

Thanks,

Kemp

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KempOdell68 

The scenario looks correct. You may send the screenshot of employee profile > delegate tab and the Import by scenario screen to check further. 

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here are the screenshots.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @KempOdell68 

I dont see any issue with the scenario or data. Same works on my demo instance. Here is what I suggest.

• create a new scenario with the mapping (final suggested previously) and use the same old db provider
  • Try the new scenario ( prepare / import )
  • If it still fails, I suggest get help from Support to investigate further. 

What version and build is your instance on?

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge

@vkumar I appreciate your help.

I will create a new scenario and see what happens.

This is our Sandbox system on version Acumatica Cloud ERP 2021 R1 Build 21.112.0042

Userlevel 1
Badge

@vkumar 

The new scenario did not work.  I still receive the error “Field:  Delegate, Value:  023005 , Error:  An attempt was made to add a duplicate entry.”

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved