Solved

Import Scenario to Import/Create users

• 15 September 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve tried to find an import scenario to import users into a new system and am not finding what I need.  I created the Excel Data Provider as follows using guidance from some older posts in AUG Forums.

The import scenario is:

When I try to Prepare the Import by Scenario, I immediately get this error:

The column 'Active' is not found in the data set

Does any one have an import scenario that works for users or can tell me what is wrong with mine?

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 15 September 2022, 20:13

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @andreagr Could you please share xml of Import scenario?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@manikantad18 There are two fields not active that are not relevent to the import and are not used in the scenario.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@manikantad18 I just determined the problem.  I had copied an import scenario to start with and it had a source restriction that was not needed.  Now the prepare is working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@manikantad18 There are two fields not active that are not relevent to the import and are not used in the scenario.

Thanks for the Update.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@manikantad18 So the prepare worked and brought the data in from the Excel sheet, however, the import is failing with 

Error: 'Login' cannot be empty. Error: 'Email' cannot be empty.

even though those fields in the sheet do have data in them. 

When I wanted to try a second record, I then got the error “The Import button is disabled”, which it is and I can’t get it to reactivate, so I can’t try any more imports.

Trace below for both errors.

Attached is the .xml of the import scenario.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@manikantad18 So the prepare worked and brought the data in from the Excel sheet, however, the import is failing with 

Error: 'Login' cannot be empty. Error: 'Email' cannot be empty.

even though those fields in the sheet do have data in them. 

When I wanted to try a second record, I then got the error “The Import button is disabled”, which it is and I can’t get it to reactivate, so I can’t try any more imports.

Trace below for both errors.

Attached is the .xml of the import scenario.

Hi 

I will check and let you know

could you please check the below article

https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/importing-user-accounts/ 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@manikantad18 Yes that is the article I started from and built the data provider and import scenario from the screenshots in it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Please find the attached import scenario

I have disabled the below option to Import and imported one employee in the sheet provided

Userlevel 2
Badge

@manikantad18 Thank you for your help!  I had tried to try with that line inactive and that is when the import button became disabled.  I was finally able to get past that by redoing the prepare and then the import was successful!

However, it did not mark the Administrator role active, but not a big deal.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@manikantad18 Thank you for your help!  I had tried to try with that line inactive and that is when the import button became disabled.  I was finally able to get past that by redoing the prepare and then the import was successful!

However, it did not mark the Administrator role active, but not a big deal.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the update, Hopefully you got the issue resolved,

In My Import I am able to update the admin role check also 

Just check to map also related to Admin.

Thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved