Question

Import Scenario for Reports

• 18 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I'm seeking advice on a more efficient method to import reports into another instance without using the Report Designer. We have more than 100 different reports, and it's extremely time-consuming to individually open each report in the Report Designer, save it to the server, then move on to the next one, and so on. Although I've managed to export the XML files via a generic inquiry and the UserReportEx table, I'm unsure how to import them back from the Excel file, especially since we don't have database access and doing it via customization is not a suitable way.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Badge +11

Reports can be added into a Customization Project package and published into a new instance:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @darylbowman,

Thank you for suggesting the customization approach. However, we are hesitant about adopting this method due to its complexity and the cumbersome nature of managing customizations. We are looking for a more dynamic solution that allows us to selectively copy specific reports, such as Reports A, Z, Y, and C, without the need to create a new customization for each scenario. Ideally, we're seeking a more flexible approach that would enable us to effortlessly export and import the chosen reports.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved