Question

How to Import AR Payments against an Invoice using the SO number

• 24 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi, I am trying to create an AR Payment (AR302000) against a completed Sales Order. I only have the customer & Sales Order number.
I’m trying to use the @@ to select the row of the Documents to Apply. The Sales Order is posted to the Customer Order Nbr.field. 
Here are screenshots of the Import Scenario, the Payments & Application screen showing the Documents to Apply & the error message. I have tried the scenario with the commit boxes checked & unchecked 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @wfilipiak67 

Through import scenario, you want to apply the Invoices to Payment to close the Payment and Invoices for the completed Sales Order? Please confirm.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Yes. 
The sales order has been shipped, Invoice created & released. 
Then the client then gets a file with the payment amount for the Sales Order. 
So all we have is the Sales Order number. 
We are setting the Customer Order Nbr. field to the sales order, with the hope that that can be used to select the correct Document in the Grid.

If the sales order is open, the payment can be applied against it via the Orders to apply tab. (thanks for that assistance) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Here is the Import Scenario that accomplished the task. The Highlighted section is the Trick. 
Thanks to Rodgrio for the Assistance.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’ve never seen that format for the highlighted section.  Did you manually type that in with the arrow?  Is this trick in the documentation at all?  Thanks, looks like it will be useful in the future!  Glad you got it working as well.

Edit: Any chance you can post the XML export of the scenario? Thanks either way.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Noah,

The arrow section is available in base imports. Since I was in a grid, I thought I needed to use a custom key.  The Arrow acts like a search by. It is available for lots of fields in the Import Scenarios. 

Here is the import

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved