Question

How to Export Files on a Schedule or in Bulk

• 21 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, 

Is there a way to set up an export scenario or automation schedule to export the files from a Shipment? 

We have a customization built in already that captures the Shop for rates carrier info and stores it in the Files of the Shipment. 

I want to be able to export these files and save them on my computer or in OneDrive. I can do this one at a time now, but is there a way to do this in bulk or on a schedule?

Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @bclark  If you have created the Export Scenario already, we can schedule the Export Scenarios through the “Process Export Scenarios” (SM207035) screen. Please find the screenshot below for reference.

Badge +18

Hello,

I found some ideas for you on Acumatica Community.

Answered by Brian Stevens:

Answered by Chris49:

I hope this helps you!

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Naveen Boga 

I do not already have the export scenario created. That is the part I am struggling with. How do I set up an export scenario to export all the files stored under Shipments? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Laura02 

Thanks for sharing those other posts. However, our Acumatica instance is on a SAAS environment, so I don’t have access to the External Storage Provider screen. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I'm struggling to create an export scenario that uses the Get File action on the Search in Files screen. I currently have a file saved on most shipments that stores the carrier rate information, and I'm wanting to export that so that it can all be saved in one file instead of each shipment having it's own file. 

These are the files I'm trying to have the action "Get File" on for each shipment. 

Is there a way to have an export scenario go through each one of these and click "Get File" so that it downloads the file to my local computer?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @bclark were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett , 

I haven’t been able to find a good solution for this. I was able to create an import scenario that can “Delete” file on the Search in Files screen, but not to “Get File”. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved