Solved

How to create a variable Data length String in DATA Providers

• 11 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, 

I’m working on export scenario which will give the output Text file. One field on the Data provider having String Data type and 35 Data Length. so the export file will have the space for the empty space as follows.

Data providers as follows

Can I setup a variable Data length for this String?

Thanks

Desh

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 12 January 2023, 23:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@dwijebandara26

• Set your Data Length to -1 and try how it works.
  • If didn’t then in the Command enter LTrim(RTrim(T030)) and try. It is designed for SQL Provider but might work.
  • if it didn’t then you will need to add a trimmed field to the source you are inquiring from and use that field in your export. The trim function in Acumatica works as Trim(Stringhere)
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @aaghaei 

Thanks for the update and I did the following,

• Set your Data Length to -1 then I got a error as follows.
  • Command enter LTrim(RTrim(T030)) and still the same output.

•  add a trimmed field to the source you are inquiring from and use that field in your export - The issue in this is the source field have different length and need all the details.

This is for bank payment file which required comma separated Text fill and I used the following provider type.

I think I missed something, or can I edit this Provider type please.

Thanks

Desh

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@dwijebandara26  It is 2:30 am here and I am going to bed :). If you attached your Data Provider XML here possibly someone will have a look or I can have a look if I get a chance tomorrow.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Attached the Data Provider XML

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@dwijebandara26 The XML you provided doesn’t seem to be complete as it is missing the provider type and no file template is attached. It could be because of my config for Canada and you are in England. You might need to contact your ERP partner in your region.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved