Solved

How to change SO line SalespersonID via import scenario

• 21 September 2022
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I need to change the SO line SalespersonID on multiple sales orders via import scenario. However, I’m not sure where to affect that field in the import scenario under “Line Details” as I would expect.

I have a list of order numbers and their order types along with the new salesperson ID. Any thoughts on how to set this up via import scenario?

icon

Best answer by mikeho 24 September 2022, 01:35

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@mikeho - I am assuming you want to update the Salesperson ID on the Sales Order Line Level.

Please try this import scenario.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @RohitBhandurge,

Thank you for the help! Is there a way to do this without having to list the Inventory ID for each line? Meaning just update the Salesperson ID on every single line?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@mikeho - How many lines do your list of Sales Orders  have on an average? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@RohitBhandurge - it can vary wildly, but I’d say on average between 3-5 lines. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@mikeho - Alright. You should be able to use the “Line Nbr.” as a reference in the Import Scenario if you don’t want to use Inventory ID as a reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@mikeho  Do you want to update the same Sales Person ID for all the lines with out having a reference InventoryID and Line Nbr ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga - yes, same Salesperson ID for all of the lines of the orders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@mikeho  There is a simple way to do this by using the Mass Update with Generic Inquiry feature.

Please find the link below. 

1. Create a Generic Inquiry
  2. Enable the Mass Update feature
  3. Provide Sales Person ID to update

https://www.greytrix.com/blogs/acumatica/2022/08/02/acumatica-mass-update-with-generic-inquiry/

Since you wanted to update with the same Sales Person ID, another way is to work with the database script and but this is a bit risky. Before running this script must check with a technical person. I will not recommend this unless you are very clear with the update but this is another option.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you, @Naveen Boga! I totally didn’t think about going that route.

I’ve created the Generic Inquiry however the whole Operations with Records section containing the “Enable Mass Record Update” box is greyed out. Any idea why that might be and how I might make it accessible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thank you, @Naveen Boga! I totally didn’t think about going that route.

I’ve created the Generic Inquiry however the whole Operations with Records section containing the “Enable Mass Record Update” box is greyed out. Any idea why that might be and how I might make it accessible?

Hi @mikeho  Select the entity screen which you need to update the data.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thank you, @Naveen Boga! I totally didn’t think about going that route.

Hi @mikeho  Select the entity screen which you need to update the data.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you, @manikantad18!  Is it possible to update both the line item Salesperson ID and the Owner under the Financial tab of the sales order? I don’t see a way to do this with your GI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thank you, @manikantad18!  Is it possible to update both the line item Salesperson ID and the Owner under the Financial tab of the sales order? I don’t see a way to do this with your GI.

Added the generic inquiry with Mass update enable for owner ID 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@manikantad18 - Am I correct in understanding that we can either do mass updates on the Owner or the SO line Salesperson ID, but not both in the same GI? (I’m assuming because these come from 2 different tables.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@manikantad18 - Am I correct in understanding that we can either do mass updates on the Owner or the SO line Salesperson ID, but not both in the same GI? (I’m assuming because these come from 2 different tables.)

Yes these can be handled in two separate GI

thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you, @manikantad18. However I’m trying to simplify this for users so it sounds like the import scenario may be the best route because they’ll be able to do it all in a single import.

@RohitBhandurge - I tried your import scenario, however it added a line to the sales order instead of updating the current line. Is there something different that needs to be done on the import scenario? I also tried adding the Owner but it didn’t seem to work. Here’s what I currently have:

Userlevel 5
Badge

@mikeho - Can you try by unchecking the highlighted below?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@RohitBhandurge 

I tried it and a new line was still added to the sales order instead of updating the current line.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@mikeho - You can run the script that @Naveen Boga mentioned above while I test this more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mikeho - Can you try by unchecking the highlighted below?

@mikeho 

Check the suggestion in the above article and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@manikantad18 

I’ve tried emulating the suggestion in the article you shared; here’s what I have:

But I’m getting the following error message now:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I figured out what was wrong with my import scenario and was able to get the SO line Salesperson ID to update, so thank you for the help there. However, I’m still having trouble getting the Financial > Owner field to update.

@manikantad18 - do you or anyone else have any suggestions for how to update this field? When viewing the field in the sales order under the Financial tab it displays the owner’s full name so that’s what I’m trying to change, but maybe that’s not actually the data I need to import?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Finally got it to work! For future reference in case anyone else needs this information, it looks like the correct field to reference is Owner -> Contact:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved