Question

How to add a line to an existing Sales Order via Import Scenario

• 27 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I am trying to add a line item to an existing sales order and although the import scenario seems to process without errors, the line is not added to the sales order.

What needs to be added for a line to be added to the end on the sales order?  Thank you!

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @JamieAnderson 

The save action from the last line needs to be mapped to Order Summary target object. You mapped it to Address->Return To Contact.

Hope this helps

Hi @riglesias 

That doesn’t seem to be an option for when Order Summary is put as the target object…

Any other suggestions?  Thank you!

-J.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @JamieAnderson ,

Could you verify if the screen selected for the import scenario is Sales Orders screen (Screen ID SO301000)? 
Here’s a screenshot from my demo where save action is available for Order Summary Object:

If you have the same screen selected, can you try creating a new scenario from scratch and see if it’s an available option.

If it’s not, could you please export your scenario to XML and attach it here so I can restore it in my demo and review it?

Hi @riglesias 

Confirmed - screen is SO301000.

I tried to create a new scenario from scratch using the same screen and Save is not an available option:

Attached is the XML.

Thank you so much for your help with this!!

-J.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @JamieAnderson 

Thanks for the update.

When I tried to restore your scenario in my demo it looks strange and I see warnings regarding objects and fields not existing:

I created new one in my demo for the fields you have in the mapping. I exported the scenario so you can try to restore it in your instance and test (XML file attached)

@riglesias ,

I imported your XML file and also came up with warnings about fields not existing…it looks like all of the Target Objects that were supposed to Order Summary came through as Addresses>>Return-To-Contact

I tried to manually enter a new scenario based on your screen shot above, but my Order Summary Target Object does not have <Action: Cancel> as an option nor does it have the <Action: Save>.

Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted to allow for these action fields to be available? 

Thank you,

J.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @JamieAnderson 

There should be no setting to make these fields available. When you select the screen under screen name field, the system pulls all available fields from that screen.

Do you have any customization for Sales Orders screen? 

If you have, can you try in a non-customized instance to see if the issue remains? If it works fine, then the issue should be caused by the customizations created for that screen.

Hope this helps.

This screen was customized, a field was added - I don’t believe there is a non-customized instance available to test on though.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @JamieAnderson were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved