Solved

How do I access Ship Date in a Sales Order

• 29 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Under the SHIPPING tab in a sales order is a Shipment Date. This field is called SOOrder.ShipDate.

I need to run an import scenario where I check it’s value against the inbound value. I would expect this to be Document.ShipDate, but that isn’t a valid field name. How do we check the Ship Date’s current value against the inbound value? 

icon

Best answer by Michael Hansen 15 March 2023, 23:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

That field exists in the SOOrderShipment table which can be accessed under shipments → Shipment Date

Userlevel 5
Badge

The field name shows as SOOrder.ShipDate, so it lives in the Sales Order table. Further I can access it by using:

Shipping → Order Settings    Sched.Ship

But I’m not asking to access the field, I need to reference it’s current value. When you open the formula editor, you can select external and internal fields. I need to find the name for that field in the INTERNAL list. It should be something like Document.ShipDate. This is used to compare inbound data against the current value. In my case I’m updating shipping lead times from Capable to Promise in Manufacturing. I know the date from the Production Order and I need to know if it is LATER than the date already in that field on the Sales Order. If it IS later, then I need to update it, if not, I will assign it the value it already has.

The code should be something like =iif([Document.ShipDate]<[AMProd_EndDate],[AMProd_EndDate],[Document.ShipDate])

My issue is that I cannot find the reference for that current value in the SOOrder.ShipDate field. Hopefully someone knows the internal name for that field, because I am certainly lost lololol :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Understood, I don’t have manufacturing so I’m not familiar with that processing screen. 

I do see that there is a field called [CurrentDocument.ShipDate] which I think should do what you want.

What's the difference between Document and CurrentDocument in SOOrderEntry? | Community (acumatica.com)

Beyond that, I’m going to be of zero help, so I’m checking out.

Userlevel 5
Badge

You’re right where I got to Brendan, but CurrentDocument.ShipDate returns a NULL. If I wrap it in CDATE() I get 1/1/1900. I think this field [Document.ShipDate] is missing from the internal selections.

The Production module is a moot point here. It’s just a date value I need to compare against an existing date value on a sales order.

Anyone know if we have something like Document.ShipDate in the database to reference for the currently held value in SOOrder.ShipDate?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Michael Hansen  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Ah yes, sorry, I had to contact Acumatica support! This field doesn’t exist even though it is listed as an option, it just returns nothing. I was super lucky that my import source was a generic inquiry, so I made a check in the inquiry instead of in the import scenario. Not a “fix” per say, but a work-around in my specific case.

Hopefully it starts to reference the actual value in a later version!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved