Solved

Help exporting Inventory ID's from Sales Order

• 27 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I am trying to export Sales Orders to Salesforce using the Salesforce Sync Data Provider. It’s mostly working as expected, but I am having an issue with the “Details” tab.

I want to export all the Inventory ID’s on the order to a field in Salesforce I made called “Inventory_ID__c”. I setup the field like I normally would, but I’m noticing that it’s only the last Inventory ID that’s actually syncing to to the field in Salesforce. 

How do I tell the export scenario to “combine” and export all inventory ID’s?

Attached is my current export scenario. thanks!

icon

Best answer by gorazem 2 November 2023, 18:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @gorazem 

Please update order type = Every and follow the above Export scenario

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @gorazem 

Please update order type = Every and follow the above Export scenario

Hello @manikantad18 ,

order type = Every did not seem to work. Only the last inventory ID exports, and the source filtering on the export scenario does not seem to work, only two records should be exporting, but I’m seeing 14.

does the =Every need to go on another field?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, @manikantad18 

I think I got the =Every to work on the Order Number(might need to test more later)

After looking at this more, I think my issue with the Inventory ID’s more lies with the way Acumatica is exporting the data to Salesforce. In the attached export scenario I have two records selected in filtering, one record has 1 line item, and the other has 6. When I run the export scenario, SFDC is only showing the final Inventory ID that synced for the record with 6 line items, the record with only 1 line item is showing correctly. 

I think my issue more lies in the fact that each “prepared data” in the export scenario is overwriting the field in SFDC each time it runs. Is there anyway from within Acumatica to combine all the Inventory ID’s for export?

two Sales Orders, 1 “record” for each Line Item
SFDC view, only the “last” Inventory ID is showing. I think this “final” sync is overwriting the others. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

to clarify my need, I have one rich text field in SFDC for all the Inventory ID’s for this order, I’d like to sync all the inventory ID’s there. (currently only the “last” one is working) Is there a way to concate them in Acumatica before exporting them, for example? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I was not able to find a way to do this out-of-the-box. So I created a custom field and wrote a c# code file that populates that field with the concatenated line item details, then export this field to SFDC.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @gorazem!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved