Skip to main content

Hi All, 

I have looked at the existing topics here for GL Journal upload as well as the out of box ACU Import GL Transactions. none of these has helped me to load my data. I have uploaded the sample of data I am trying to upload. it loads the first line but fails at the second line 

I also have no explanation on why it does what it does. I had to move things around until it posts Debit side for my Inventory account and credit to GRNI ( po Accrual or Goods receipt not invoiced) 

Appreciate your help and insight on this. 

Thanks 

Ghazal 

Hello,

Your Import Scenario should list Account, Subaccount, Reference number, Quantity, and Transaction Description only once.

Each line of your Excel may have either a Debit Amount or a Credit Amount, not both.  Here is an example of a correct GL Import Scenario:

Here is an example of a correct Excel file to go along with the above Import Scenario:

I attached the Import Scenario for you.

Laura

Hi Laura, 

thanks for your answer but I need an import scenario to work with the format I uploaded, there are literally like thousands of lines and they can’t be split in one line for debit , one line for credit. I have both debits and credits in one line. 
thanks 

I’m wondering if you might be best off doing the following:

1. On the GL Preferences Screen, make sure hold batches on entry is selected so that you can save out of balance entries.
  2. Disable the lines on your import scenario for your Credit transactions (account, subaccount, amount)
  3. Load everything for the debit side of the transaction
  4. On the Import Scenario, disable the Debit side items and enable all the Credit side items.
  5. Load everything for the credit side of the transaction.
  6. Take the batches off of hold and release.

Also - When importing to the GL Transactions, make sure that the order of the steps in your import scenario matches the order of the columns on your GL Journal Entries page.  I also think you have too many <Line Number> rows.  You should just need one <Line Number> =-1 per row that you’re trying to add.  You also cannot manually assign line numbers.  The system will do that for you.

@meganfriesen37 great tip for putting on hold the GL preference on posting. 

I did slightly took a different approach by changing my import scenario again. and it works perfectly now. 

I also added another column to the previous excel file I had loaded with a name “ negative Quantity” 

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @GhazalSh!