Question

Files Maintenance -> Synchronization Type -> OneDrive

• 16 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Has anyone found a way to use one of the 4 out-of-the-box Synchronization Type settings (FTP, HTTP, Shared Folder, or SFTP) to sync a file with Office 365 OneDrive?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi, I have the same question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @TimRodman,

You can refer the below link.

https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2016/08/sync-files-from-acumatica-to-ftp-server.html

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Sweta

Badge +11

@sweta68 Is OneDrive an FTP server?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Tim, I actual started playing with this a few weeks ago with AirTable  and created an HTTP link to download a Table we use to track time for a project and it updates a data provider

I am then using the imported csv file to create appointments for a project.  I set an automation schedule to get the latest version every Monday afternoon (after all approvals are done) then a second automation to run the import scenario with the csv file right after. 

The file sync was easier than I thought for HTTP.  I put a sanitized screenshot of my configuration below if anyone is intrested. 

First manually upload a copy of the file you want to use.  In my case as a data provider.  then go to File Maintenance Screen (SM202510) from Tims screenshot above.  Under the tab Synchronization check Sync, Pick the Type and enter the path for your file or folder and any login info needed. 

For me I used CSVGetter to create a static link I could pull an updated table from each time I need it. for my import. 

Hope that helps.   This is a heck of a lot easier than in my case using a long string of API calls to Create, Start, Complete and Close appointments with an import scenario. 

I would love to hear other ways its being used!  OneDrive would be amazing

Cheers,  Greg

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @greglang, I love Airtable, but didn’t know about csvgetter.com. Very cool! And what a great site name!

In my case, I’m looking to export Acumatica data into a CSV file in OneDrive. The reason is that Power BI can ingest CSV files really quickly. Using a CSV would bypass the need to stand up a Data Warehouse and worry about data types, etc.

It seems this function has not release. Please view the link and vote for this option

One Drive Integration for file uploading | Community (acumatica.com)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved