Solved

Error with Import Scenario for AP Vendors

• 29 April 2022
  • 8 replies

I created an import scenario.  It seems to be capturing the fields from my spreadsheet, but I have only 1 vendor in Acumatica.  I want to upload the rest.  I’m just testing on 1 vendor right now in my upload.

I keep getting an error “1 items have not been processed successfully.  View name:  BAccount”.  

Then in the column for the error it says “Requested Value was not Found” but the value is the name of the vendor, which I’m adding, so of course it wouldn’t be found.  Why won’t it just add the new record?  

I’m new to Acumatica, and I’ve gotten this far just from reading the manual and some online videos, etc.  But, this error is not addressed, and I think I’ve done everything else.  I think something must be setup wrong with my import scenario, but I’m not sure what.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 30 April 2022, 19:20

View original

8 replies

Badge +18

Hi,

Welcome to Acumatica!

Your import doesn’t have the proper objects/fields: I notice you are selecting all your objects from the vendor Summary object which is the header area of the Vendor Profile page.

I see City and Country are also mapped to the Vendor ID. Try looking for address, city, state, zip on the sections of the screen that hold the addresses, instead. (Different Object in the left column, followed by appropriate address fields in the middle, your spreadsheet columns on the right.)

Acumatica now provides import scenarios with the system. I recommend that you copy the Acumatica provided scenario “Vendors” and simply replace the values with your own spreadsheet. (Of course you’ll need to attach your spreadsheet to their Data Provider and update the Schema tab first.)

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@bcheese  Can you please share the XML format of the Import Scenario?

@laura01 I did make some changes as suggested previously, and I’m now only getting the error in the upper right hand corner “BA Account”.  But its not pointing out any specific errors with my data.  It was previously, and I corrected just 1 specified error with the retainage payable. 

Note:  There isn’t a previously created import scenario in my Acumatica for vendor imports.  

So, now when I hit “Prepare” it runs, then I hit “Import” and it shows the error “BA Account” but doesn’t indicate any other specific errors.

@Naveen Boga I’m not sure how to do that.  I can save it as a webpage or html.

Badge +18

Hello, Naveen is asking you to go to Import Scenarios screen, click Clipboard Icon, Select Export to XML.  Post the resulting file to this thread, and he will be able to see your entire import scenario.

I am posting to this thread, the Acumatica vendor import scenario. You will go to Import Scenarios, click Clipboard Icon, choose Import from XML..,. and this will give you the Acumaitca-provided scenario. Good luck.

Here is the XML of the Import Scenario.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @bcheese  For some reason, I cannot able to use your import scenario.

I just created a new basic import scenario to create the Vendors in the Acumatica system. Please the Import scenario screenshot below for your reference.

Let me know if you have any queries.

You both were very helpful.  I have it working completely now!  Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@bcheese  Awesome :) Thanks for sharing the update.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved