Skip to main content
Solved

Error when Creating Timecard using Business Event Linked to a GI

• 19 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi

I found a post with a method to create timecards from a generic inquiry linked to a business event. This was exactly what I was trying to achieve and so I imported the xml for the GI, business event and import scenario.

When I ran this, I got an error in the business event saying “Error: ‘Employee’ cannot be found in the system”. From the Business Event History, I can then EXECUTE the subscriber error manually and the process works fine - the Time Card is created.

I tried to resolve this and followed other similar posts but still no success.

I have simplified the GI and Data Provider and Import Scenario so that it is now very basic. I also setup an Import Scenario using Excel as the data source. This worked fine for the same employee, so this suggests to me that the data is correct and I have security rights to do this.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I’ve attached the GI, Business Event and Import Scenario

Thanks, Kevin

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @KevinLong ,

With the using above IS, BE and GI xml files, I am able to process the GI records in sales DB instance.
Is there any customization Published, which causing issue for the same?
Have you tried with another employee?

Userlevel 2

Thanks for your reply Dipak. Good to know that you can get it working ok.

I'm running version 2023.1 (MYOB Acumatica). There are customisations only in Equipment Time Cards. Nothing in Employee Time Cards. Yes, I have tried for other employees.

Thanks again.

Hi @KevinLong . I’m experiencing exactly the same behaviour as you describe, also on MYOB Acumatica 2023.1. I wrote my own GI and IS, but leaning heavily on both the files that you attached on this thread, and on  @LeanneB ‘s post on the MYOB forum.

I didn’t really want to have to foist an Import by Scenario screen on the end users, but that’s what I’ve had to settle for for now.

Userlevel 1

Strange, having this same issue but even worse it works in one tenant and not the other. No customizations published.

Userlevel 1

Hi.

We determined what was causing this on our end as our import scenario worked in a different tenant. If you have any specific user roles assigned to the branch or the pay group for example to filter access, please ensure your “admin” user is assigned to those roles as well. The business event is explicitly using the “admin” user to execute the event, not the person’s user who triggered it. As for it working when you try and execute from event history, I suspect when you execute from business event history, it is using your user which is why it then works.