Solved

Error w/ Import Scenario updating Location Summary

• 2 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi all,

In Business Accounts/Customers there is a shipping tab > FOBPoint. We would like this to automatically default to a specific location, but I think that requires a DAC extension (beyond my skill level at this point).

For now, I was going to do an import scenario to update all accounts based on our preferred default in an excel file. So I created the data provider (excel), then my import scenario.

In Import by Scenario, I hit prepare, and everything appears ok w/ the data provider because after ‘PREPARE’ the screen reports the proper number of records and displays the proper fields. After hitting import however, the IMPORT processes but then errors out.

Here’s my import scenario:

I know I got this twisted but having a rough time unraveling it. Essentially:

If BAccountID = BusinessAccount(excel), then update CFOBPointID = FOBPoint(excel)

Thanks for the fresh set of eyes on this!

icon

Best answer by totochow 13 March 2023, 19:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @swartzfeger 

Please find the Import scenario to Update FOB point in Account locations.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @swartzfeger 

Please find the Import scenario to Update FOB point in Account locations.

Thanks Manikanta, but now things are even more messed up… for the 2856 I was trying to update the FOB, it added them with an additional location ID.

Good thing I was in the sandbox! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @swartzfeger 

I have tested it and it is working fine in My environment.

Before Import aCCOUNT location 287

Import scenario executed 

After Imports count remains same

Userlevel 2

@manikantad18 the scenario you use will try to look up/create ‘SHIP’ as a FOB point only. This will update as long as there is ‘SHIP’ for your FOBPoint under that BAAccountID.

However, if @swartzfeger would change the “Source Field Value” of the Import Scenario to “FOBPoint” and that should work

just change the above circled field by clicking the drop down and select “FOBPoint”

hope this helps...

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved