Solved

Changes to Default Export file "Export AP Payment to ACH"

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am working on the ACH Payment export and keep getting a few errors. From what I can tell, this is probably because the default export scenario uses some older table names. I went through and fixed a few that I saw but the others I am not sure how to correct since the fields aren’t available in the internal fields list. Below are some of the main errors I am seeing. Does anyone have any thoughts? 

icon

Best answer by rebeckamckinney53 8 June 2022, 22:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Rebecca, 

The export scenario should work fine with the errors present.  Errors with a yellow ! are warnings and will not prevent execution or saving.  If you have specific adjustments you need to the ACH export you can modify just those rows.  Their are special lookup keys in the ACH export that will not pass validation.  This is what you are seeing in your screenshot.  It is looking up information from the payment method detail area and the =# will relate to the lookup row. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Rebecca, 

The export scenario should work fine with the errors present.  Errors with a yellow ! are warnings and will not prevent execution or saving.  If you have specific adjustments you need to the ACH export you can modify just those rows.  Their are special lookup keys in the ACH export that will not pass validation.  This is what you are seeing in your screenshot.  It is looking up information from the payment method detail area and the =# will relate to the lookup row. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response! Sorry for the lateness of the reply. I didn’t originally see the email saying someone had responded.

I didn’t include this in the original, but I am actually getting errors as well when I try to export which led me to validating some of the fields and getting the above errors. 

For example, I am getting the error “Formula runtime error: =' '+Provider.FormatBankRN([cashAccountSettings.DetailValue],0)” when I try to export the file.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @rebeckamckinney53 were you ever able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett,

Yes. I reached out to support and finally got it figured out. I used the default Export ACH Payment to ACH Export Scenario that Acumatica provides. All of the lines had Source Object pointed to “Payments”. This was incorrect. The source Object is a mixture of “Batch Summary”, “APPaymentList”, and “vendorPaymentSettings”. The Export AP Payment to ACH Balanced was correct so I used that to go through and individually correct all of the lines in the Export AP Payment to ACH. I’m not sure how the source object got changed in the original template (maybe an update or something of that nature), but it is fixed now. 

We are looking for the ability to pay employee submitted expenses via ACH.  Acumatica can handle this internally, however we cannot expose employee bank information for maintenance by an AP clerk.  Is there the  potential for either of the following;

• Provide a secure portal/access for employees to maintain their own bank information in the system.  We can still allow for a system admin/HR to access the employee record, and potentially access/maintain the bank information, however it needs to be maintained directly by the employee.  Currently there is no way to do this unless you open the employee maintenance option up to users, which is not a good practice. 
  • Process employee expenses, marking them as paid, but not actually generating a payment for them within the system.  Instead generate and submit a "pay file" to an outside system, in this particular case, Workday PR system, for actual payment (via ACH) to the employee along with their PR payment.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved