Solved

Can you mass change Warehouse Location IDs in import scenario?

• 23 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Trying to create a mass import scenario to change existing location IDs to new location IDs. I want to retain the history of the location so I don’t want to create new locations.

In the import scenario, there isn’t an option to Change ID like there is for stock items, warehouses, etc.

Once I map to the key field, is there a way to change the ID?

Or is there a way to do this directly from the locations table upload feature?

icon

Best answer by bryanb39 23 November 2023, 20:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jwarren 

I came across related articlet https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/change-warehouse-location-id-via-an-import/

Could you please check?

Also attaching the import scenario 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The key is to make sure the description field is unique.  You may need your current import scenario to edit descriptions first, then use the @@Descr as the key to update the IDs. Also don’t put any segment separators in the import file, it will break it!

Userlevel 5
Badge

The key is to make sure the description field is unique.  You may need your current import scenario to edit descriptions first, then use the @@Descr as the key to update the IDs. Also don’t put any segment separators in the import file, it will break it!

Thanks Bryan - I’ve tried this scenario but seems to still just create a new location rather than updating the existing one. See anything off with my scenario below?

Userlevel 5
Badge

OK - looks like the 4th row down needs to be:

Locations → Location Table       @@Descr       =[location.Descr]

It is working now - thanks both.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks Bryan - I’ve tried this scenario but seems to still just create a new location rather than updating the existing one. See anything off with my scenario below?

Sorry about that, I forgot I was messing with the Import the other day.  The Field should be =[location.Descr].  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved