Question

Can I make it so an Import Scenario for Alternate IDs errors instead of creating a new Stock Item if Stock Item is not found?

• 29 November 2023
  • 0 replies

I have an import scenario whose function is to delete all existing Customer Part Number Alternate IDs for a given stock item and customer combination, then upload the new customer part number. 

There are three issues with it:

• The big one is that it will create a stock item if one does not exist, rather than erroring.  Is this baseline import scenario functionality, or can I alter it to error instead?
  • The second issue is that it DOES error if I attempt to upload a customer part number that is unchanged from the one I’ve just deleted, the import will error for that line.  This is not a functional issue, since nothing would change if it succeeded, but not friendly for end users. Is this something I can make nicer either with a better error message or by having the import succeed?
  • The third issue is another minor user friendliness issue - if the item field is not populated on my import spreadsheet, that row will not be imported but the row does not get an error message.  Is it possible to make this friendlier for end users by identifying the lines with an error?

Thank you!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved