Solved

Business Event Usage

• 17 December 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m new to business events and was wondering if the following is even possible.

I want to add a business event to take an inquiry and upload it as a new document (sales order of type TR). Not to edit an existing one, which is the use-case I keep seeing online.

I’m creating Sales Orders of type TR from Purchase Order data.

Here’s the hooks:

The inquiry MUST have a user defined parameter (container number)

I then want my user hit some kind of button to trigger the upload from the data that now exists in the inquiry.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 4 February 2022, 07:27

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Michael Hansen There is no direct way of having a input Text field. I will shortly provide a workaround with the generic inquiry to show the Container number from the Parameter to be Shown in the Inquiry record. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have the parameter set on the GI. I just have no clue how to link it to the import scenarios via business events.

My inquiry takes in a container and outputs all purchases on that container. Without the parameter, you get way too many records. I was hoping to slap in my parameter and then hit “import” or something to have it create a new SO of type TR with the data in the inquiry.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Michael Hansen Thanks for the additional details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Michael Hansen Here is the screenshot of the Inquiry created for this purpose. Do you think this is similar to what you have created? I can share the Inquiry XML with you if required.

Userlevel 5
Badge

100% correct. I have that inquiry. I then spend a couple minutes copy-pasting various fields into a brand new sales order of type TR. This is why I want to leverage the import scenario modules, no need for a human when it’s a direct mapping to various fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Michael Hansen Did you try Business events triggering an import scenario? Can you post the one you tried?

Userlevel 5
Badge

That is where I’m lost. I’m not sure how to properly link everything.

I can make a business event that “sees” the GI, but I’m not certain what filters to apply on the dropdowns.

I assume it’s TRIGGER BY ACTION? But I’m not seeing a good walkthrough for this. Also, when I do select that, I can see IMPORT SCENARIO in the table below, but my subscriber ID selector is empty. Again, I am completely ignorant here, so ELI5 (Explain like I’m 5) please. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ChandrasekharM would you have any further to offer @Michael Hansen ? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Chris Hackett  Will review and keep posted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michael Hansen , I think this aricle answers your question, including changed needed to be done on the GI, and how to set up Import Scenario, Business Event, and tie all of them together:

Userlevel 5
Badge

This is awesome, thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge

That amazing link covers everything except how to roll in line items on a new Sales Order document using auto-numbering. Anyone know how to set an import scenario properly in this regard?

Using the business events and a GI, I can only get one line on a sales order and every row creates a new Sales Order rather than adding all the lines together into a single document.

Attached is my import scenario, am I doing something stupid here?

I am using the container number as my temporary ID for the Sales Order document Order Number. This value is what we use to filter the source inquiry, so I KNOW they are the same value in all the rows.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved