Question

Business Event to Update PO Date

• 10 August 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

We populate Sales Orders and generate POs from those Sales Orders. We deal with a lot of date changes, so we are looking at building a business event that will auto update the PO promised on date whenever the Sales Order Request Date changes. I’ve built the GI, business event, and import scenario but I can’t get it to trigger. See below.

Business Event

• Goal with the business event is to capture each time a Sales Order date is changed, the associated PO is put on hold, date is updated to reflect SO new date, hold is removed & PO is saved.

Import Scenario

I have been trying to include the POOrder.OrderType in the mapping but the field is not visible within the import scenario screen despite it being present on the associated GI. I’m thinking this may be part of the problem.

Any reason why this field would not appear on import scenario mapping section?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jwarren 

I have been trying to include the POOrder.OrderType in the mapping but the field is not visible within the import scenario screen despite it being present on the associated GI. I’m thinking this may be part of the problem.- Yes if the GI present the data field the Business event will consider the GI as a data provider and update the data as needed through Import scenario.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

In your GI use the value of =[POOrder.OrderType], then in your import scenario it will appear on the dropdown list as a formula value. 

Let me know if that helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge

@manikantad18 @Robert Sternberg 

Here are the various fields within the GI:

But for the life of me I can’t get any of these fields available on import scenario:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

But for the life of me I can’t get any of these fields available on import scenario:

Please navigate to data provider which is created from the Business events and can be seen in Import screen and check if that data filed is visible or not, try to refresh the schema in data provider once.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Please navigate to data provider which is created from the Business events and can be seen in Import screen and check if that data filed is visible or not, try to refresh the schema in data provider once.

Great - thanks. The fields are now visible & in use in the import scenario. Both the business event & import scenario are active, however as I change the dates on the Sales Order, I am not seeing anything happen within Business Event History. Anything look out of the ordinary w/ regard to my business event configuration? This is my first time triggering a business event off a field change - typically I have created business events off new records being added so not sure whether there is something I’m missing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Great - thanks. The fields are now visible & in use in the import scenario. Both the business event & import scenario are active, however as I change the dates on the Sales Order, I am not seeing anything happen within Business Event History. Anything look out of the ordinary w/ regard to my business event configuration? This is my first time triggering a business event off a field change - typically I have created business events off new records being added so not sure whether there is something I’m missing.

Please try to trouble shoot the Business events.

Also Please XML report of GI, Email template and Import scenario files here

Userlevel 5
Badge

@manikantad18 how do I provide the import scenario?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

In this screen you have export XML option

Userlevel 5
Badge

Where would I find that export XML option? I don’t see it

Userlevel 5
Badge

Where would I find that export XML option? I don’t see it

Got it - here are XML of import scenario & GI:

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jwarren were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved