Solved

Building an IS for foreign currency journals

• 11 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I’ve so far not been able to determine how to import a foreign currency journal. There doesn’t appear to be a way to access the View Base/Cury button that is on the page and on the Transaction Details entity, there is only Debit Amount & Credit Amount. 

I’ve been able to assign the required currency, rate, type, effdt on the batch summary but I can’t get the amounts to go to the right place. I’m trying to create a journal similar to the system generated revals. So it needs to have a zero foreign amount and a manually calculated base amount. I have a GI which gives me all the required data. I just can’t import it correctly. The amounts are ending up in the foregin currency debits / credits (which need to be zero) - i want them in the base currency amounts.

Has anyone had any luck doing this?

icon

Best answer by RoyceLithgo 11 August 2022, 05:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

By trying to replicate the same thing on the page I discovered that this isn’t possible. For an FCY journal, you can only set the FCY amount and the page will calculate the LCY amount. It’s not possible to create a Reval like journal (ie. 0 FCY amount, non-zero LCY amount) via the Journal Entry page. 

I’ve had to go with an LCY only journal. Hopefully this should accomplish the same end result as the reval is adjusting base currency amounts anyway.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved