Skip to main content

Hello,

I am attempting to load BOMs.  All works well unless there are multiple materials on an operation.  Then it throws an error on the additional materials in the operation.  I am working with a VERY short data set to get this working but cannot move past this.  I started with the standard BOM import scenario.

Looks like the import scenario is working fine as it successfully processed a couple lines, so you don’t have to worry about that.  This issue looks to be specific to that line in the data from your data provider. It doesn’t look like that BOM ID exists in your system, so you will need to ignore that line and investigate later why it doesn’t exist later.

To continue the import, uncheck the active checkbox on that line and then click the import button again. Everytime you run into an error, just uncheck the “active” checkbox and continue. 

Thanks for responding brendan!

The BOM id does exist and it is a misleading error.

Turns out BOM import scenarios are complex and we went a different direction.

I do appreciate your time in responding!

Note recently we were missing an Operation ID on our BOM when we were adding Materials. It would not save and the error message was “Missing BOM ID”. This is a bug that could be investigated by trying to Create a BOM and adding Materials before an Operation ID is created.
The Bug is to update the error message from Missing BOM ID to Missing Operation ID. 

As the error message displays done in the Material section it is misleading to know where the error is?

Also on Import scenarios of BOM.

When we did a mass update of BOM - we exported from Kit specifications to new BOM as we implemented Manufacturing Module. 

We needed to do the BOM import scenarios in 4 separate import scenario steps:

1. Kit Specifications Export creating the BOM , its default warehouse and linking to the Stock item.
  2. Add Stock Items to the BOM
  3. Add Non Stock Items to the BOM
  4. Add Labour to the BOM

So perhaps the 

So