Solved

Blank values in Import Scenario

• 30 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello all,

I have been trying to setup blank values in an Import Scenario. The requirement is mentioned in the table below.

Reference
Value1
(Blank row)
Value2
Value 3

What kind of condition would be applied so that the system would leave the second row (blank row) as blank while enter the data in the rest of the rows?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by totochow 30 March 2023, 18:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi@harshit

Could you please share more information, Give me the scenario and Import scenario you want to update the values,

if you want to pass blank detais then you import scenario should have Null https://www.augforums.com/forums/everything-else/setting-a-field-to-empty-or-null/

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Harshita 

If the destination column where you are trying to import a value allows ‘Null’ value, then just leaving the source data column blank should leave the column value empty/ Null. 

To insert empty value to columns, one can use =Null on mapping.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thank you @manikantad18 for your prompt reply. I did check out the link that you have shared, but still not getting how shall I apply the condition.

I have attached the sheet of the data which needs to be imported below. i would like to import the data into Invoices and Memos form:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Harshita 

If the destination column where you are trying to import a value allows ‘Null’ value, then just leaving the source data column blank should leave the column value empty/ Null. 

To insert empty value to columns, one can use =Null on mapping.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Thank you @vkumar for your suggestion.

Well the field isn’t allowing any “NULL” value, and my column consists of the rows with blank values and some with data. For eg: my first row would have some data, whereas second row would be a blank field, third row might have some data and so on..

Userlevel 2

I might be wrong but it seems that your IIF formula is missing something. Try to click the pencil icon to validate your formula…

usually IIF is like:

= IIF (“YOUR T/F TEST CASE HERE”, “ACTION IF TRUE”, “ACTION IS FALSE”)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I might be wrong but it seems that your IIF formula is missing something. Try to click the pencil icon to validate your formula…

usually IIF is like:

= IIF (“YOUR T/F TEST CASE HERE”, “ACTION IF TRUE”, “ACTION IS FALSE”)

Thank you @totochow for the suggestion. It is now working with the condition.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved