Solved

AR Import Scenario = Type - Credit Memo Won't import

• 3 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi.  I have a import AR Payment import scenario that has both Payments and Credit Memos.  I am able to import the Payments with no issues.  The credit memo present have an error.  See the screenshot

Any suggestions would be helpful.

I have attached XML as well

Evan

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 3 August 2022, 13:47

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello Evan,

New Credit memo’s can’t be added in the Payments screen.  An existing credit memo can be Applied in the AR Payments & Applications screen.  If applying a credit memo to an Invoice is what you are trying to do in this case, then replace credit memo’s reference number  <NEW> with the actual number of the existing credit memo that is on the customer’s account.

A general tip: when something won’t import, try typing it manually in the same screen, field by field exactly as the record is listed in your import file. Sometimes the manual typing process helps me see what fields/choices are available and can reveal more detailed messages.

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @EvanG The answer is to create a new import scenario for the Invoices and Memos Screen (Or invoices screen if you are creating credit memos for the invoices generated through sales Orders module), and import the Credit Memos. After importing, you will see the credit memos in Payments and Applications screen. This will allow the user to adjust the credit memo with other documents like Invoice, Debit Memo..

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

HI @ChandrasekharM@laura01 

Thank you for the quick feedback and solution.

I will create a new import scenario for the credits. I did test a manual entry.  Worked as suggested

I appreciate your assistance.

@EvanG 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved