Question

Void Payment with Available Balance Amount- **BUG?**

• 9 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello

My client voided a Payment in Payments and Applications screen (AR302000) using the VOID button.
A Voided Payment document was generated and it was released. Payment and Voided documents showed an open balance of 0.00- user assumed it was all ok. When Statements (AR641500) were generated and sent out, payment and voided payment showed up with an amount due.
The Amount due was the “Available Balance” the Payment was left with.

Client’s Acumatica’s version is: 
Acumatica Cloud ERP 2021 R1
Build 21.126.0013

Tested scenario with Testing SB and Live Acumatica inhouse- 
Acumatica Cloud ERP 2022 R1
Build 22.110.0018 +

These are screen shots from the SB where the same thing happened:

• Payment, applied to 2 Invoices and left Available Balance of $211.50

This is the Voided Payment that was then released:

This is the statement- customer’s statement setup is not to show payments, these 2 should not show. Others that have no “Available Balance” are OK, they do not print Payments or Voided Payments.

Is this a BUG? or how it should be handled?

Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Can you use AR509900 to Recalculate Customer Balances?  Please report back if that corrects the issue.  I normally run the process for only the affected customer as it can take some time to run depending on the number of customers in the system. 

You might need to go to the Customer profile afterwards and Generate a Statement on Demand to check if the issue has been resolved. 

Hi

Forgot to mentioned that before, I recalculated balances and it didn’t fix the issue. Regenerated Statement for customer, didn’t help either. 
I kept on testing, so far no solution. Went over with my ISV team, nothing. Data is OK, checked thru SQL.
Bottom line, Payments with Open Balances should not be allowed to be Voided- something we might need to verify with CPA/Accountants- 

Voiding in Acumatica is usually creates reverse transactions- if there is an Open Balance on a Payment, which status is still OPEN, how is it going to create reverse entry?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I think you have enough here to open a case with Acumatica.  Please let us know the results or maybe someone else can chime in with an idea!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @willie98 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

I opened the case and because my client has a retired version of Acumatica they couldn’t help any further. I’ve been meaning to test on a newer version, but haven’t been able to.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved