Question

Unvoid a Check

• 5 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I voided a check in Acumatica accidentally. The check has cleared the bank already, so I cleared it in the bank reconciliation. However, there was a void issued the same day for this check. Because of the timing, the check cleared the bank, and now I have a Voided Check that is “stuck” in an unreconciled status in Acumatica’s bank recon. How do I unvoid this voided check to clear out my recon? 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@bpartlow From out of the box you cannot reverse the Voided document. You probably need another supporting document to clear the voided check and take it out of your bank recon.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I solution I used for a client with the same issue, is to create a new Payment Method (or you could even use the Cash payment method), assing it to the cash account that you need, and recreate the payment using the same check number. That should recerate the payment, and should show up on your reconciliation statement. 

Badge +18

Hello,

I agree with previous posters: we can’t Un-void a check or payment in Payables.

Simply replace the voided check with another from the same cash account.   Enter new check directly in Checks & Payments. Use another payment method as Martin suggested, preferably one that doesn’t require printing, and apply to the same documents, using the same Application Date as the prior check.  Example:

To Replace Voided Check with same #

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved