Solved

Unposted GL Transactions

Userlevel 4
Badge

Does anyone know why journal transactions from the AR Module wouldn’t automatically post to the GL if it’s set up to do so? 

We have noticed that 3,666 transactions from a one week period in December have not posted to the GL. I’m relatively new to the position and at a loss as to why this would have happened. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 9 February 2023, 15:06

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you have access to Accounts Receivable preferences, check the setting on the box below.

Perhaps this setting was changed for the period in question?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks @Doug Johnson for the quick reply. That check mark is checked, and it doesn’t appear those settings have been changed (Using the Audit History button). 

Do you know if there are any reasons why the transaction wouldn’t post? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The only other reason I can think of is that the transactions were imported in that state, but probably not likely.

The Audit History button was a good thing to check, but that button is what allows you to turn on audit history for specific fields on the AR Preferences screen. Most likely auditing was not already turned on for the period in question. 

In case you are curious, here is the screen to turn on auditing (careful: there are performance implications for turning this on for commonly used screens)

After turning it on, I went into my demo instance and unchecked, then checked the automatically release on post button and received the result below.

Badge +16

Hello @bclark ,

I agree with Doug; the most likely scenario is that the Automatically Post on Release checkbox in AR Preferences was temporarily unchecked for one week back in December.

One more place we can look for clues is Access History. We can’t see exactly which boxes were unchecked or which fields were changed without a detailed Audit as @Doug Johnson suggested, but we can see in Access History whether any users opened AR Preferences screen on the day the unposted status batches began to accumulate, and again on the day the unposted status batches stopped accumulating. In this screen shot, I filtered the title column on Contains ‘Preferences’.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @laurabarber08 

Thank you for the idea about checking the Access History. I checked, and it doesn’t appear that anyone had viewed the AR Preferences screen during that time frame to indicate anyone made any changes. 

Do you know if there is any reason why these unposted transactions should not be posted now? 

Is it possible that someone mass released the AR documents on AR501000 and chose release all,

then cancel the process?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @bclark , Can you please try to releasae one or two transactions for testing purpose? If there was any issue, you still can’t post manually as well.

Basically, I try one or two to post to see whether it works or not. If you receive error msg, that means you got what you are looking for :-)

You still need to post them to fix it anyways :-). If there is something wrong, you can reverse but only after post.

Thanks

Eddie

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is it possible that someone mass released the AR documents on AR501000 and chose release all,

then cancel the process?

I don’t really think so :-)

Userlevel 4
Badge

All transactions have already been posted without error. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

We’re experiencing the same issue in 22.216.0040.  We have occasional instances where some SO invoices create an AR JE that stays unposted and the related IN transaction (in inventory) stays balanced.  Other SO invoices in the same session, post through without issue.  No one has access to Preferences screens, so we know that is not the issue.  Is this just an issue caused by timing?

Userlevel 1

I like to put the Post Transactions screen on a schedule to post nightly to catch anything that happens to end up there. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved