Question

Unable to Copy Row Set Due to Size

• 4 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello - 

We have a Row Set that is quite large, tens of thousands of lines, and we need to copy it to make a similar report with just a few changes. When I attempt to copy it, the copy seems like it works, but when I save, I get the below error message. Is there any work around to this?

Thanks!

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I don’t think I can ‘make it load’ if it’s too large but I am thinking about how we could make the same report a different way.

Can you explain the design a bit?  Why are so many lines needed?

Thank you!

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Laura - 

It is a summary Profit & Loss Statement, with multiple summary pages, and then individual P&L pages for each department that we have (around 40 departments). We use unit groups to designate the departmental P&Ls.

Is there a way to import an excel format into a new row set? I am thinking I could export this one, and then import into a different row set and make the changes I need there. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mdyer were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett  - 

Unfortunately, we were unable to find a solution for this. Do you know if there is a way to export the existing row to excel and import it into a new row set?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge

@mdyer unfortunately I am not a product expert. We'd need one of them to answer that for you. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved