Solved

Typos in Finance Basics Course 2022 (re: U100 dataset)

• 22 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I brought back a copy of the Finance Basics course from the Acumatica Conference for our Controller. She has been working through it, but is confused because the instructions don’t quite match up to the guide. For example, financial periods are not open for the 2022 time period (this can be fixed by opening financial periods for 2022). In addition, for example, when reversing a transaction on page 10, it says to find the transaction on 2/25/2022...but this doesn’t exist. It does exist for 2/25/2021.

I would like to fix this problem, so that the user doesn’t keep having to second guess the training materials or work around them. Is the fix here to just change 2022 to 2021 for all instructions? Can someone advise? We are using u100 from 2022 R1 currently.

I have attached the Learner training guide from the conference.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 22 February 2022, 15:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @rosenjon 

Have you emailed Training about that? If you are an end user, you should be able to do so from the Open University. 

Or you can create an Education Case if you are a Partner in the Portal. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@kbeatty21 I just emailed training about it. I was trying out the course on the Open University, and it also has non-sensical directions relative to the current U100 dataset. The current U100 dataset is Sweetlife, and has multiple branches. But one of the first steps they try to have you do is setup a company without branches for Sweetlife. It makes no sense, and is pretty frustrating for the end users when the training makes no sense.

It’s great that Acumatica offers these resources, but they need to invest more time in keeping them up to date.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved