Solved

Trial Balance Multiple Viewing range periods

• 14 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Currently when viewing the Trial Balance (detailed) you can only view one financial period at a time.

It would be beter as accountant that I should be able to select start period and end period. So I could e.g. Say show the the Trial Balance and movement from 1 March 2020 to say 31 May 2020. The trail balance should therefore show the Opening balance as at 1 March 2020, the accumulated Debits and Credits for the period (3 months), and then the final closing balance as at 31 May 2020.

Currently we are limited to only obtaining a trial balance for one financial period at a time. It make analysis of financial results cumbersome to work with, and each financial period needs to be exported and then summed and grouped in excel… very time consuming unnecessarily so.

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 15 March 2021, 14:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Jp89,

I was going to sugest using the Accounts by Subaccount inquiry, but realized the same limitation exists there as well.

The two options that I see are:

• Using ARM (Analytical Report Manager). Since it’s not possible to expand by *both* accounts and subaccounts you would need to list every natural GL accounts in a different row of the row set, and for each account using the Expand = “Sub” option to list all your subaccounts
  • If you’re a Velixo / Excel user, you can use the ACCOUNTSANDSUBACCOUNTSWITHHISTORY function to build something like this in a few seconds… there’s a blog post here explaining how to do it (look for “Does your company produce detailed balance reports by sub-account?”)

Badge

Thanks, Ill give that a try, but Im not a Velixo user.

Should, nonetheless, be a standard out-the-box- feature from an ERP solution!

We were wanting the same report as well. We had to pay for a consultant to create this report for us... 

Userlevel 2

Shocked that this isn’t standard, out of the box report.  It seems like it would be supper common to need a trial balance for a quarter or a year to date to support financial reporting and other closing procedures.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved