Skip to main content

Hi ,

I have made a mistake and I’m trying to correct it. I would appreciate some help here. 

Error - I have created some fixed assets with wrong class, wrong cost account and accumulated depreciation account. The fixed assets are active from 01st of July and the depreciations are perfumed for the past month. (July)

Correction -  I need to transfer the cost, Accumulated depreciations to the correct account while adding the FA to the correct class affecting to the period of July. 

Blockers -

I tried to change the class (Transfer between classes) which transfer the cost, acc dep. But it post the transaction into August. I changed the system date to July 31st but still the transfer entry posted to 1st of August. 

I tried Transfer assets option, but assets are not visible in the transfer form as of 31st of July.

Kindly expect some help here.

Thank You,

Dulanjana

Hello!

It appears that since the transfer posted in August Acumatica is not going to allow you to transfer the asset again in July.  I have found the transfer function to not be very forgiving and I do not believe the transaction can be reversed.  My suggestion would be to enter a journal entry that posts on 7/31/2024 and reverses on 08/01/2024 to adjust your general ledger balances.  I know it is not the best option but hopefully it would allow you to move forward.