Skip to main content

Trying to enter a journal entry to a cash account for a specific branch, and get the error 

“cash account does not exist for the following branch and account:  LFD, 10100”

We have a cash account set up for 10100 under branch RDA.  The box is UNchecked for “Restrict visibility with branch” in the Cash Account set up window.

When posting a journal entry for 10100, if I select ANY branch other than RDA, I get the same error.  I thought that if I unchecked the restrict visibility with branch in the cash account window, that I would be able to post a journal entry for cash 10100 for any branch.

If I go into Receivables and post a customer payment for branch LFD, I can select a payment method and the 10100 cash account in the payments & applications window.  But it doesn’t seem to work in the journal transaction screen.  So far, the only workaround I’ve found is to set up a separate cash account for 10100 under branch LFD.  Is that the only answer?  If so, I’m concerned that I won’t be able to reconcile bank transactions in one screen, but will have to do a separate reconciliation for each branch (we have 30+ branches).

Any suggestions what we’re missing?  2024R1

-Carl

Hello,

Yes, you are correct: once account 10100 is connected to a Cash Account in Banking module, in the Chart of Accounts screen, 10200 is identified as a Cash Account (Cash Account is selected ON). 

Once Cash Account is selected ON  for an Account, that account cannot be used with other Branches or with other Subaccounts, unless the new Branch-Account-Subaccount combination is also set up as a Cash Account in Banking.

Reconciliation will not necessarily have to be completed for all 30+ Branches. On each Cash Account, you have the option to Require or Not Require Reconciliation.

Restrict Visibility ON means you can’t use a certain bank account on transactions for other branches.

Laura