System allows Voiding of a cleared check

• 17 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Apparently you can Void an AP or Quick Check that has already been marked as cleared and/or reconciled in the system.  I put a ticket in with the Acumatica support and was advised to put in an idea for product change.  Has anyone else found this and addressed this issue?

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

i void cleared AP checks all the time, but I agree, it would be nice to have a restriction - which users get to void the cleared items, and which users don’t based on permissions

Userlevel 3
Badge

In what circumstances would you Void a cleared check?  How can you void something that has already been paid out of the bank?

Userlevel 1
Badge

In what circumstances would you Void a cleared check?  How can you void something that has already been paid out of the bank?

When i rebook something in acumatica and have to replace the cleared check with something similar, but with a different account split, for example

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can’t you just create journal entries for something like that….or use Acumatica’s reclass function?

Userlevel 1
Badge

two cases come to mind

1. when the AP team booked a QuickCheck, but you need to replace it with AP Checks because the AP bill was incurred in another period
  2. on occasion we need to rebook the Quickcheck that already split, with multiple lines in the Document Details tab, some of the lines are for negative numbers (like in a real estate settlement sheet).  This would not be allowed in the reclass.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This issue also applies to AR Payments. A warning should be generated, or a preference should be created to disallow.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved