Question

SO Error: Document balance will become negative. The document will not be released.

• 25 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Error:

We are working on importing AP Payments using the import by scenario in the migration mode. However, on releasing the imported payments the system throws the following error: SO Error: Document balance will become negative. The document will not be released. Please find the screenshot attached.

A bit of a back story:

We are implementing Acumatica software for this client and need to transfer all the data from their software to Acumatica. We have already imported the GL history and thus need to work in the migration mode. 

Explanation and Screenshots:

Please find the word document attached - 

Note: There are 5 screenshots linked in the word document.

Can anyone please help us with resolving this error?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rjasani64 

Did you tried the below suggestion?https://community.acumatica.com/financials-7/reverse-application-on-check-payment-8552

Userlevel 1

Hey @manikantad18 

Thank you for your reply! I am trying to import and release the payments in the migration mode, and thus have limited access. Please see the screenshot of my checks and payments screen attached.

Did you have any luck with this? I am running into the same error.

Userlevel 1

@jocelynkelly 

Not yet, I have an open ticket with Acumatica team. Alternative will be to turn off the migration mode and then run the AP bills. You will have the reverse the journal transactions then.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved