Solved

Shareholder Disbursements

• 26 September 2022
  • 4 replies

What are the best practices for booking Shareholder disbursements in Acumatica? Should this be thru AP as Vendor payments?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 26 September 2022, 21:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kathrynaisd26 Are these disbursements like dividends? If so then it seems it would be best to go through AP to make sure if any 1099 amounts need to be recorded are captured.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but this should fall under one of the boxes for 1099 payments

Actually, it looks like we are currently gathering feedback for implementing the 1099-INT

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @kathrynaisd26 

Are you actually cutting a check for them?

It could be handled as a Vendor Payment or you could do a journal entry. If you are doing just a journal entry, they can have their own account on the chart of accounts and you can do topsided journal entries. 

A Vendor Payment would keep everything in Acumatica for accounting purposes however. 

Yes, I am cutting a check or ACH transfer.

I am not sure if this is a 1099 related transaction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @kathrynaisd26 

Then do it as a straight vendor Bill, you can offset to their own account as well:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved