Skip to main content
Solved

Setting Business Date in automation schedules

• 24 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to set the business date in an automation schedule? Invoices are prepared using the process at month end because consolidation of sales orders is necessary. The volumes are high and when users run the process it may fail when it gets over 1 hour, resulting in no consolidation. So running the prepare in an automation should take care care of this. However invoicing does not start until day1 of the new period. Users set their business date back to ensure correct invoice date/period, hence the request. 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@sangland2 Hey!
I’m pretty sure the “Relative” CheckBox is intended for this sort of situation, but I wasn’t able to quickly figure out how to set it, since the invoice date seems to be locked to the shipment date.

Maybe this is the situation you ran into and why you asked the question?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, no way to control the invoice date except with the business date as far as I can find. Coming from IN sales order type so skips shipments.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Since it’s locked down by the system, I would suggest creating a support case to see if there is a recommended method to accomplish this. I don’t think it’s a bug, but I don’t know why they would lock it down. It seems like your requirement would be a common business case…. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @sangland were you able to find a solution? Thank you!