Skip to main content

Is there a way to set a cost on an item being sold intercompany/branch based on a percentage, similar to the margin feature in Acumatica? 

I see where I can set a Sales Price or manage pricing based on costs. The problem is with intercompany sales; you start with a Sales Order in the Customer-facing branch, which pulls the item cost, which really is different from the intercompany cost. 

Take this example: Company2 sells a widget to customer1 

The widget is added to the line, and the “cost” is pulled from the item at that time. 

The problem is we want to sell the widget from company 1 to company 2 at a 5% markup (for example). All of the features only work at the pricing level so the intercompany order might be able to add a correct price of cost +5% the original order does not reflect that costing rule and shows cost.

(I hope that made sense) 

I am sure others do similar things. What do you do to manage this? 

To manage intercompany sales with a markup on costs in Acumatica, you can set up a separate price list specifically for intercompany transactions, applying a cost-plus percentage rule (e.g., cost + 5%) for items sold between branches or companies. This ensures that intercompany sales orders reflect the correct pricing. You can also leverage Acumatica's cost markup features or explore customizations to automate pricing adjustments. Acumatica's Intercompany Sales Orders module can help automate the process, ensuring that the correct cost-plus pricing is used between branches, avoiding manual oversight.