Solved

Sending SO Invoice with SO505000 (regardless of invoice status)

• 13 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I think I’m not understanding the logic of the Process Invoices and Memos screen (SO505000)

First - From the wiki, the only prerequisites mentioned for using this screen are:

• Email Invoice: Sends the selected invoices via email. The document selected for processing will be emailed only if the following conditions are met:
    • This document has not been emailed before (the Emailed check box is cleared on the Invoices form).
    • The customer account has the Send Invoices by Email check box selected.
    • The Credit Hold check box is not selected for this document.

However - we are seeing that only invoices in a Balanced Status can be emailed from this screen. Once the invoices has been released, your only option to email the invoice using a process screen is from AR508000

This appears to be intentional, although not documented well in the Wiki. I have a hard time understanding why we could only send unreleased SO Invoices or released AR invoices

Our issue - we would like to email the SO invoices daily in a batch process but we can’t be reliant on them being in a Balanced status

Does anyone understand the intention here or could help explain the workflow we should be looking at in order to email out the SO Invoice from a process screen? 

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 13 October 2023, 05:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kyle90 

In Process Invoice and Memo Screen the actions email can be done for balanced and Open Status as well.

If you would like run a batch process please setup a Automation schedule using condition -Open and verify

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m revisiting this topic once again - trying to find a solution here for my team and still getting stumped. I don’t think SO505000 can send released invoices (try sending an invoice in an open or closed status) and there’s even a “Known Issue” implying that this is intentional for some reason

The main issue we see, is that balanced invoices don’t have payments applied and the document is showing a balance due on orders that are pre-paid. We prefer not to use AR508000, since that is currently configured for accounts receivable purposes - we’d like to use the SO Invoice document and include a separate notification template for both new Closed invoices and Open invoices  

@manikantad18 - can you confirm that you were able to actually send released invoices from this screen? I see that the system allows us to select or filter by any AR Invoice Status, however, if filtering for status Closed as an example, the process screen will not display records and when testing an automation schedule with the filter as you show it also does not process records.. I think it’s allowing you to filter for records its already excluded

I think our best option is to set up a business event, which is frustrating since this process screen would be perfect if it weren’t excluding released documents 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved