Solved

Sending out statements using GMAIL gets error "Too many login attempts. Please try again later"

• 21 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Yesterday our client informed me that there is an issue with using Gmail for sending large volume email-based communications from Acumatica. They were trying to send some 4500 statement emails when they encountered the following Gmail error:

Too many login attempts. Please try again later. 

From my reading up, this error is possibly caused by each statement email sent creating a login attempt to the Gmail account. 2 questions on this:

1. Does Accumatica have a config SMTPKeepAlive, which will allow the already created SMTP connection to be reused (without having to re-login each time)? If it does, is this configuration switched on?
  2. Is this an issue you have encountered before with Accumatica, and if so how was it resolved?
icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 22 July 2021, 20:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Even if you manage to work around the connection throttling issue I think you are hitting close to GMail daily send limits with this volume and I would suggest looking into a transactional mail delivery system like Sendgrid if you want to avoid this. E-mails will be addressed from the same domain name provided you configure SPF rules properly in the domain. 

As a bonus, Acumatica announced e-mail delivery/open tracking with Sendgrid at the Summit this week.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Gabriel

Acumatica support got back to me with similar feedback that it sends 10 emails per connection, which meant about 450 connection attemots for the number of statements that were being sent out. I have advised the client to look at an email service and will suggest the Sendgrid option to them

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks Gabriel

Acumatica support got back to me with similar feedback that it sends 10 emails per connection, which meant about 450 connection attemots for the number of statements that were being sent out. I have advised the client to look at an email service and will suggest the Sendgrid option to them

@brettd36 Has this solution worked for the client? We have have the same issue with login attempts and sending limits.

Can you clarify the answer please. SendGrid is not a mail server but a delivery system.

All they provide is functionality, but they still use the same gmail server. Thus it is unclear how this issue is going to be resolved by just switching to a more managed mail delivery system. They still are going to hit the same google limits, unless there is some sort of moderation done by SendGrid.

This sounds great, where can I see the email delivery/open tracking with Sendgrid?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved