Solved

Segmented Keys not visible in GL Accounts Access form

• 15 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello All,
I have been trying to display the Segment values in the Gl Accounts Access screen. But the tab doesn’t display the data in it:
I have activated the segment as:

And then the tab gets displayed: But none of the Segment values are getting displayed. How can I resolve this?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 15 December 2023, 12:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Harry 

Do you have any restriction groups defined for subaccount 

Forms for Account and Subaccount Security

Task Form
To initially configure the visibility of accounts and subaccounts (or subaccount segments) to users GL Account Access (GL104000)
To initially configure the visibility of accounts by branches GL Accounts by Branch Access (GL103040)
To initially configure the visibility of subaccounts (or subaccount segments) by branches Subaccounts by Branch Access (GL103060)
To change the visibility of an account in multiple restriction groups Restriction Groups by GL Account (GL104020)
To change the visibility of a subaccount in multiple restriction groups Restriction Groups by Subaccount (GL104030)
To change the visibility of a subaccount segment in multiple restriction groups Restriction Groups by Sub Segment (GL104040)
To change the visibility of system objects by a user in multiple restriction groups Restriction Groups by User (SM201035)
To change the visibility of system objects by a branch in multiple restriction groups Restriction Groups by Branch (GL103020)
Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello Community,
Any Suggestions?

Badge +18

Look at Subaccount configurations. Lookup Mode controls whether the subaccount is presented as a whole or one segment at a time.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Look at Subaccount configurations. Lookup Mode controls whether the subaccount is presented as a whole or one segment at a time.

Hello @Laura02 , how can i check this? I tried to enable “ By Segment: All Avail..” option but the tab wasnt displaying the segments. Also the Segments in my table: PracticeGroup, Region, Department are individually created in Segment Values.

Badge +18

Good day, @Harry !

Restriction groups are very tricky;  other company configurations impact your results… so it’s difficult for us to answer with certainty. You can’t easily post ALL your configurations 😉.

Restrictions also take a lot of time to test. It’s very difficult set up all of our screens to match yours (we would need to install the same version and we don’t know your version), in order to help you. We would need your same customizations (we don’t know if you have any).  Have you asked your partner for help?  Your partner is already familiar with your configurations and your customizations and may have a faster answer.

Many of us have been through the same experience and to successfully configure restriction groups we continue reading the help, community posts, Acumatica support articles and just keep trying until it works.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Harry 

Do you have any restriction groups defined for subaccount 

Forms for Account and Subaccount Security

Task Form
To initially configure the visibility of accounts and subaccounts (or subaccount segments) to users GL Account Access (GL104000)
To initially configure the visibility of accounts by branches GL Accounts by Branch Access (GL103040)
To initially configure the visibility of subaccounts (or subaccount segments) by branches Subaccounts by Branch Access (GL103060)
To change the visibility of an account in multiple restriction groups Restriction Groups by GL Account (GL104020)
To change the visibility of a subaccount in multiple restriction groups Restriction Groups by Subaccount (GL104030)
To change the visibility of a subaccount segment in multiple restriction groups Restriction Groups by Sub Segment (GL104040)
To change the visibility of system objects by a user in multiple restriction groups Restriction Groups by User (SM201035)
To change the visibility of system objects by a branch in multiple restriction groups Restriction Groups by Branch (GL103020)

So I created a restriction group with group type A and it worked. But the moment I created another restriction group with the same group type as A both of them didnt get applied in the system 🥲. Do I have to create any inverse groups also? or what ?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved