Skip to main content

sales tax

• 10 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello I am reconciling my Monthly tax detail report with my GL account 2045 (Sales Tax Payable) and noticed that  5 Invoices with sales tax are not showing on Sales tax payable GL account. All others are showing up.. Any idea why? The invoices are created from appointments if that helps

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Is it possible that some transactions were reclassified out of Sales Tax account?  Please verify Reclassified transactions are included when comparing to GL.

Is it possible that some transactions did not automatically post?  Please check Finance → Post Transactions process and verify that your Post Transactions screen is blank.

Can you show the Taxes tab of the invoice (including Tax Amount column), details of the GL batch linked to the Invoice’s Financial tab, and the Accounts tab of one of the Taxes that is included on the Invoice, showing non-zero tax amount?

Laura

Userlevel 2

All Post Transactions screen is blank...Verified

Tax Payable acct shows box checked for Include reclassified...Verified

Userlevel 2

So just to clarify, the taxes show up on the sales tax payable acct, but not on the tax detail report.

The tax detail report breaks down the State, State Co, State Local, county and city taxes which helps me when making payment to State board.

Badge +18

So just to clarify, the taxes show up on the sales tax payable acct, but not on the tax detail report.

This helps!  I was thinking the posting was missing from GL.

Recently I had a situation where the Taxes were reported by Zone, and “Late Zones” were missing from the Tax Reports. 

By “Taxes were reported by Zone,” I mean Detail by Tax Zones was selected ON in Reporting Settings screen of Taxes module.

By “Late Zones”, I mean zones that were added to Acumatica Taxes module AFTER the Tax Reporting Settings were completed above were missing from Tax reports.

I believe we solved the issue by Unchecking Detail by Tax Zones and saving, then re-checking Detail by Tax Zones, clicking RELOAD TAX ZONES circled above, and saving again. 

Laura