Solved

RevisionID on the BudgetForecast screen wont appear on a GI

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are using Velixo to create a report showing current percent complete and forecasting the percent complete per month till the end of the project.  The problem I have is when pulling the Budget Forecast into the spreadsheet I need the RevisionID of last update.  I have pulled that field into the GI but it wont show up.  It doesnt even show up, but its on the results grid.  Any idea how I could get this number to show?  

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 25 May 2021, 17:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Michael,

I just created a test GI that returns the most recent forecast revision ID by project and I am able to retrieve it just fine from Excel:

I used the self-join trick that I described in this post to get the most recent revision based on the LastModifiedDateTime; if you want to look at the Revision ID instead you can just use a simple Group By with a MAX aggregate on the Revision ID.

In Excel, I would recommend using =GILOOKUP() instead of =GI() for this particular use case. You’ll first need to setup the keys in the Workbook Options like that:

Then, you can retrieve the most recent revision for a given project this way: =GILOOKUP("Demo", "ForecastLastRevision","Revision",<project or reference to a cell>). Here’s a sample in a real report:

Do not hesitate to reply to this or to contact support@velixo.com if you need additional assistance with this request.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you Gabriel.  That worked perfectly.  I appreciate the attention.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved