Solved

RevisionID on the BudgetForecast screen wont appear on a GI

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are using Velixo to create a report showing current percent complete and forecasting the percent complete per month till the end of the project.  The problem I have is when pulling the Budget Forecast into the spreadsheet I need the RevisionID of last update.  I have pulled that field into the GI but it wont show up.  It doesnt even show up, but its on the results grid.  Any idea how I could get this number to show?  

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 25 May 2021, 17:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you Gabriel.  That worked perfectly.  I appreciate the attention.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Michael,

I just created a test GI that returns the most recent forecast revision ID by project and I am able to retrieve it just fine from Excel:

I used the self-join trick that I described in this post to get the most recent revision based on the LastModifiedDateTime; if you want to look at the Revision ID instead you can just use a simple Group By with a MAX aggregate on the Revision ID.

In Excel, I would recommend using =GILOOKUP() instead of =GI() for this particular use case. You’ll first need to setup the keys in the Workbook Options like that:

Then, you can retrieve the most recent revision for a given project this way: =GILOOKUP("Demo", "ForecastLastRevision","Revision",<project or reference to a cell>). Here’s a sample in a real report:

Do not hesitate to reply to this or to contact support@velixo.com if you need additional assistance with this request.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved