Solved

Report Designer Margin Change

• 19 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

The printing does not begin on my AP641000 - AP Check until about an inch from the top.  How do you change the margins?  The printing needs to begin closer to the top.

Also, the page sections at the top cover the top of the form.  How can you see the whole form?

New to this.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by etrojan28 9 November 2023, 16:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jddonnell55! It might be good in this case to share a picture of what you’re seeing so we can better understand the issue you are facing.

Otherwise the recommendations would be to check the print window:

Make sure the Paper size is correct, the margins are correct, and Headers and footers are turned off.

To edit the report you’ll need to know which section the report prints into because there are two:

Typically the report will work straight out of the box but there could be local printing settings which change the output as well as browser print settings which can make it different.

Lastly I would check to see if the issue is present when viewing in both HTML mode and PDF mode by toggling this button:

The </> means you will switch to HTML mode and it will show a PDF button to switch back to PDF render.

Hope this can help!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good idea about the pictue. Please see below.

Basic I know, but what is the path to the “print window?

Page sections obscure the view of the top.

Too much space at top of AP Check;

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Good idea about the pictue. Please see below.

Basic I know, but what is the path to the “print window?

Page sections obscure the view of the top.

Too much space at top of AP Check;

Thanks.

HI @jddonnell55 

The print window comes from when you click Print on the actual form in Acumatica. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Printer setting are fine.  It prints other forms at the very top.  I have changed the Height on each section but the basic form does not start printing until about an inch from the top.  How do you change that?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@jddonnell55 

Make sure the other sections of the report are marked as invisible. Then you can adjust the margin on the entire report under Page Settings. This will truncate that header section. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved