Solved

reduce subaccount segment key from 5 segments to 4

• 27 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all. I have a tenant with no transactions therein. I have a GL account and 1 subaccount with 5 fixed segments therein. These obviously appear in all profiles. I need to reduce these 5 segments to four. Is there a simple way to do this (auto update) without deleting 200 posting classes and so forth

icon

Best answer by NuwanTharanga62 28 June 2023, 19:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @andre89 

Even if there are no transactions, you can not delete the 5th segement. I tried a few different ways.

1. There are values defined
  1. Even if you delete those values, you still can not change the segements

You may have to make a clean copy to get the subaccounts how you want before you add transactions. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

hi - Thanks , I need to delete a segment which unfortunately is the 2nd segment

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @andre89 

It will not let you delete the 2nd segment since it is not the last segment. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Does the second segment have any data? If yes, then deleting in the current environment is not an option. If the second segment does not have data, you will need ask Acumatica to execute SQL script to restructure it. However, all you setups that utilize the segment posting will be blank. 

I would recommend to create a clean version.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi all. I have a tenant with no transactions therein. I have a GL account and 1 subaccount with 5 fixed segments therein. These obviously appear in all profiles. I need to reduce these 5 segments to four. Is there a simple way to do this (auto update) without deleting 200 posting classes and so forth

Hi @andre89 ,

I saw you submitted the same scenario through a case.

I will post this answer for the betterment of others who have the same issue.

1. If you have at least one transaction that was used in any of those sub accounts, you cannot remove the segment keys.
  2. Even If you haven't posted transactions, you may have configured the subaccount in the system across different screens like customers, AP preferences, AR preferences, Items , etc.

Some other places where subaccounts may be defined

Company 
    Projects
    Account Classes
    GL Preferences
    Cash Management Preferences
    AR Preferences
    Reason Code
    AP Preferences
    Vendor Classes
    SO Preferences
    PO Prefenences
    Inventory Preferences
    Warehouses

As per the error message on the below screenshots, it indicates that the subaccounts are configured on different screens (See the screen indicators with multiple 0s).

So what you have to do is ;

1.  First see each and every screen which has configured this subaccounts and replace them                     manually - with a new "000" subaccount.

2. Remove One of the 5 Segment id from the Segmented keys screen

3. Recreate the subaccounts with the new 4 segment keys 

4. Go back to all the master / preferences screen and add back the correct Subaccounts (Newly created in Step 4)

Or 

You can create a clean version with correct details

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The other alternative is to create a tiny DB customization and publish it just once to fix the lengths as you want assuming the combined length of the Subaccount segments won’t change. The fact is in all screens SubID has been referenced not SubCD. The segmentation impacts the SubCD. To be safe it can be tested on Sandbox and if no issue identified then on Live.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved