Solved

Record Payment Cash Account along with Loan Account

• 25 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Can we key a payment transaction in a cash account along with a loan account with bill/invoice in 1 journal?

For example, payment 500 USD bill for a supplier, 100 USD from a cash account, and 400 USD from a loan vendor account

Currently, in ACU, we have to record the payment 500 USD bill for the supplier with a cash account. Then revert back of 400 USD cash account to loan vendor account.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 20 September 2022, 11:51

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I want to make sure I understand your question.  Please confirm, you are recording three transactions:

1. Payment to a Vendor $500
  2. Cash Received $100
  3. Payment received on a loan from a vendor $400

Are all of these transactions from the same vendor? Or different vendors?

What is the gross amount of the AP bill?  Is the bill paid in full by the receipts, or is the bill $1000 and a payment for $500 is going out?  What is the net effect on cash of the above payments?

In GL, we can record multiple transactions “in one journal” but none will update vendor history in AP and none will generate a payment that can be sent out.

In Banking, we can record only one entry type in each batch, representing the Net Effect of the above transactions, disbursement or receipt, but not both. I checked and we can enter positive and negative lines in Banking transactions. This example will correctly reduce a receivable from your vendor and record payment to your vendor. Cash and GL will be correct but there will be no transaction visible on Vendor History screens and reports in the AP module (we can’t identify VENDOR in a Cash entry):

If all transactions are for the same vendor then you can enter positive & negative lines in a bill, or you can enter Debit Adjustments representing the Load Payment and Cash Payment.

I don’t recommend this solution because it doesn’t clearly record the vendor receivable, which belongs in the Receivables module. I recommend separation of the Payable and Receivable transactions. Did you already extend the vendor to a customer and record the amount owed to you?

I hope this helps. 

Thanks @laura01 for your kind support! please see my answer for your question as below:

Please confirm, you are recording three transactions: 

1. Payment to a Vendor $500
  2. Cash Received $100
  3. Payment received on a loan from a vendor $400

=> yes, we record Debit for Vendor - $500 and Credit for Loan Account - $400 & Cash Account - $100

Are all of these transactions from the same vendor? Or different vendors? - in this case we have only one vendor, but there are some case we will pay for different vendors.

EX: 

Total need to payment – 6000 USD 

Included Loan Account 140.000.000 VND  

Included Checking Account 1.300.000 VND 

Currency 23.550 VND 

AP Payment Vendor 1 – 1000 USD ~ 23.550.000 VND – Loan Account 

AP Payment Vendor 2 – 4944.798 USD ~ 116.450.000 VND – Loan Account 

AP Payment Vendor 2 – 55.202 USD ~ 1.300.000 VND – Checking Account 

=> in this case can we record Debit for Vendor 1 & 2, Credit for Loan Account & Checking Account on 1 screen

What is the gross amount of the AP bill?  Is the bill paid in full by the receipts, or is the bill $1000 and a payment for $500 is going out? 

=> bill $1000 and we only pay $500

Badge +18

Hello @chidao  ,

Your original question: “Can we key a payment transaction in a cash account along with a loan account with bill/invoice in 1 journal?”

1. When there are two vendors in the same transaction (one for Loan and one for Payment) then you will need 2 documents/two transactions.  (We can’t pay two vendors with one document or transaction.)
  2. When there is one vendor, then you can produce one payment of $500. ( => bill $1000 and we only pay $500

Example: Bill for $500 contains two lines: 

Line 1 for $1000 to the Expense Account for the purchase.

Line 2 for -$500 to the Loan Account (debit).

When the bill is paid, debit to Accounts Payable and credit to Cash for $500; vendor is paid $500.

Hi @laura01,

Our case is total bill $1000, we pay only $500 included $100 from cash account and $400 from loan account.

we will key debit vendor account ($500) , credit cash account ($100)  and credit loan account ($400)

in this case, how can we record all these transactions on acumatica and is this possible to record on 1 journal?

I see you mention the below content so it maybe the answer?

In Banking, we can record only one entry type in each batch, representing the Net Effect of the above transactions, disbursement or receipt, but not both. I checked and we can enter positive and negative lines in Banking transactions. This example will correctly reduce a receivable from your vendor and record payment to your vendor. Cash and GL will be correct but there will be no transaction visible on Vendor History screens and reports in the AP module (we can’t identify VENDOR in a Cash entry):

If all transactions are for the same vendor then you can enter positive & negative lines in a bill, or you can enter Debit Adjustments representing the Load Payment and Cash Payment.

Badge +18

Hello,

Example: Use Quick Check to pay $500 bill  with two different cash sources in one entry : 

Line 1 for $500 to the Expense Account for the full amount of purchase.

Line 2 for  -$400 to Loan account (source of cash is Credited by this negative debit).

When the bill is paid, vendor is paid $100, credit to loan account = $400, credit to regular Checking account = $100

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved