Question

Reconciliation issues

• 22 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,

i have been trying to reconcile a sample cash account but the system displays the following error:

I want to reconcile just the difference of​ 634.98. How can I do that?

The Batch Payment has the status of Balanced but the payment lines under this batch has the voided status.​​​​​​

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

1. In Finance → Journal Transactions, enter a debit and credit to the same Cash Account of  of​ 634.98. This entry has no impact on Cash balance or GL balance but it makes part of your highlighted entry available for reconciliation.
  2. Return to Reconciliation statement and clear the ​ 634.98 (you will see this figure twice, Receipt and Disbursement. Clear the one that adjusts Difference to 0).
  3. When batch 000017 is released, presumably on the next reconciliation, you will clear both batch 000017 and the opposite side of your entry from #1 in your next bank reconciliation.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Laura02 ,

Thank you for the suggestion. I would be trying out the same today. But I would also like to know if my AP Batch is not released but the payments under that batch are voided, like in my current scenario, is it normal that the system would display this warning message? Also , i am not looking out for completely reconciling it , but just to release the Import bank transactions form. Also if i would be entering a new GL entry as you mention in step 1, I might not be looking to reconcile to the next period, since it has already been reconciled.

Userlevel 4
Badge

How can I release this?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Also, I checked out the other entries, and found the figure exactly same to the difference. But it also says the same error message:

How can I make use of this particular line? 

Badge +18

Hello,

I thought you were saying before, that the difference of $634.98 was one of several documents contained in one lump sum deposit.

If $634.98 is not one of several documents contained in one lump sum deposit, then my answer above isn’t correct.

Are you now saying that GL entry 234537 is the missing transaction that you need to clear in your 12/29 bank reconciliation # ?  Look at the dates. Is the date of your reconciliation correct, 12/29?  Is the date of GL entry 234537 correct, 1/11? If so, how could gl entry 234537 be part of this reconciliation when the transaction didn’t happen until later?

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Laura02 ,

The suggestion you mentioned, it might work well, but the statement that I am considering has the reconciled balances from 3 different years from 2020 till 2023.

Userlevel 4
Badge

And the line that displays the exact amount has been posted on 1/11/2023 and the reclassified and posted on the same date. So why does my reconciliation statement still shows doc on hold. Even the status is getting displayed as Posted:

I tried to re-open the periods, but it still shows the same error.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello @Laura02 , just to update you, I now tried posting an GL entry, not a reclassification one, with the same amount, and I am able to check this newly created entry. Whereas the one for which the system is triggering the error, I am not able to get that. i have been wondering why so.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved