Solved

Quebec sales taxes?

• 23 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Good morning, 

i’ve recently started playing with Acumatica, and I’m trying to figure out the (sales) taxes for Quebec.

Normally, for the rest of Canada I assume, you’d use two fiscal agencies, one for the federal tax and one for the provincial tax. 

In Quebec, both are handled by the provincial government, so two taxes added at the same time, handled by one agency, which also handles the federal part (and HST) for the rest of the country for Quebec companies. 

How would I set that up? It can be done using two different agencies both named the same thing, almost, but that’s not the most efficient way to go.

I’ve managed to put them under the same agency, but then the taxes amounts are combined in the report, and we have to report the numbers separately, so that doesn’t help either. I’ve only previewed the report however, so they might be separated in the final complete report, but I haven’t made it this far yet. 

Both taxes need to be in the same zone, and often the same category, but need to be split by tax code on the monthly report.

Any tips would be appreciated. 

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by jhouser 27 April 2024, 23:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@mprimeau You need to configure the report groups and lines properly. Take a look at the Reporting Settings screen. Also check this portion of the Help for instructions: Acumatica

Thank you. 

I could have used a bit more details, but I re-read everything, again, and managed to find what I was missing. 

The implementators had started us in a wrong direction, which complicated things for me when I tried to understand the taxes setup. They’re really good, but on this one point, our contact was from Ontario and not familiar with the Quebec way of doing things (we like to be different),

The key was in the reporting groups, which they’d set up incorrectly for Quebec. All fixed now. 

Have a good day 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved